I made these ages ago, about the same time I made the Sandpaper Letters. I used the same font/size for the letters for both. For the Moveable Alphabet though, I arranged the letters on three pages to print out (one for the vowels, two for the consonants). I then printed the vowels onto blue paper and the consonants onto red. (I decided to just use paper rather than stiff card, as they’re unlikely to be used by a large number of children, and it is quite easy to make replacements if some start to look a bit tatty). I chose to do twenty of each vowel, and eight of the consonants. Then there was much cutting out!
The final stage was making the trays. In the end I used the lids of two shoe boxes, and made dividers. That took a bit of fiddling to ensure sufficient room for each letter. Once they were in place, I glued one of each letter into the bottom of its space, so that there would be no difficulty in putting them away.
It was a once again a fairly straightforward project… there was a lot of cutting out, but that was a fairly mindless (and portable!) task, which made it quite easy to get through.